Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Catching Up Sat, Sun, Mon

Friday was knitting night, so I am not responsible for feeding my kids. I only cook my dish to share which was pasta puttanesca. I started with olive Oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic, a few pinches crushed red pepper and anchovy paste or crushed anchovies in a saute pan and heated till fragrant. I then added a cup and a half of leftover quick tomato sauce, and brought to a simmer for about 10 minutes. I finished the sauce with a large handful of chopped kalamata olives and a tablespoon of chopped capers. Toss with Penne and fresh chopped mint.

The kids did great, Dad picked up ribs and fixings from Gayles Bakery, our local gourmet take out in the famous Capitola by the Sea.

Saturday, we were going to go out to eat but everyone was tire, so while I was out picking up kids I picked up some fresh ground beef and francese rolls and we had yummy cheeseburgers with avocado, tomato and lettuce.

Sunday, I had a little over a pound of beef leftover from Saturday and made quick Beef Bolognese. I sauteed diced carrots, onions, celery and garlic till soft add the ground beef and browned ot. Then I added 2 14 oz cans of San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Simmered about 30 minutes and served with fettucine.

Monday we had roasted salmon pearl cous cous and sauteed spinach. I usually cook regular cous cous but Monday night I tried the Israeli Pearl Cous Cous. I sauteed the pearls in butter and olive oil with a chopped shallot and a tablespoon of tomato paste. When it was nice and browned I added the water and simmered on low 10 minutes. MY family liked it except for Mr. Noodles and butter dude.

No comments: