Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Guest Chefs







My daughter Livy and her friend Ashi made dinner tonight. I kind of finagled them into it so I didn't have to, hee hee hee. I asked them what they were going to do and threw a few ideas out there and also told them there was chicken and a some veggies in the fridge if they wanted to cook and come up with their own creation for dinner. Smart, huh!! They made a yummy, juicy roast chicken with loads of herbs and lemon, romanesco broccoli with caramelized red and yellow onions and parmesan cheese, and steamed quinoa. For dessert they made a blueberry and raspberry cobbler. Ron did the dishes. Call me lady luck tonight!

Words From The Guest Chefs

Ashi: We had so much fun making dinner! It felt like we were real chefs!
Livy: I agree! The kitchen is such a fun and relaxing environment.
Ashi: Except when you get overwhelmed with food being done, or ready for the next step and your in the middle of something else.
Livy: It was especially nice to sit down and eat our delicious dinner after cooking it.
Ashi: My favorite thing to cook was the the chicken.
Livy: My favorite thing to eat was the chicken skin, and to cook it was to sauté the onions with garlic and cheese and the broccoli Ashi made.
Ashi: I think the easiest part was to steam the broccoli because all I had to do was put it in a colander on top of a pot of boiling water! But even though it was so easy it was still very exciting and fun!!!
Livy: I think that making the quinoa was easiest. And like Ashi said it was still very exciting and fun.
Ashi/Livy: It was so much fun to make dinner for the family.
Livy: Check out my blog, click on my name at the top of this post!
Ashi: PS. I am the dirty blonde with braids and I want to be a chef!
Livy: PSS. I am the brunette with hair down and I want to be a fashion designer!



4 comments:

padacs said...

Thank you so much for sharing it.
CeramiChef blades are made from enhanced ceramic which is the second hardest material only to diamond. The incredible hardness of the blade makes the edge exceptionally sharp.

Kitchen Knives

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Hi MaryBeth!

You have a budding fashion designer in the house? And she cooks dinner sometimes?

Cool!
Thanks for the comment, I think we have a couple friends in common. I hope to run into around town In Real Life.

Good luck on the drawing!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I hope to run into you around town, is what I meant to type. COFFEE. I need it.

Julia said...

Hi Mary!
I found your great website and we would love to feature it!! I work with www.TheBesty.com which helps people all over the world find the best restaurants & food. Simply email me back the names and cities of 5-10 restaurants locally or anywhere in the world - that you think are the BEST, and we'll feature your picks & link to your website, so our users can find you! We work with websites & blogs in over 50 countries, it would be great to work with yours as well!
A few of our celebrity users include: Anthony Bourdain, Guy Fieri, and Rachael Ray!
Featured Blogs: http://www.thebesty.com/search/blogs
Also, we would love to feature an article about your site, so if you would like to do a write-up about how your website got started, with any fun tidbits about yourself, send that my way and I’ll have our content team post it for you, FB it & tweet it! - any length works! :) Try to send your 5-10 favorite restaurant picks in the next few days, and then you can take up to 2 weeks to send the article if you would like us to post it!
I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully we can feature your site under our featured blogs!
Cheers,

Julia
Website & Blog Partners
www.TheBesty.com
www.twitter.com/TheBestycom

TheBesty.com